best hot fudge sauce
Chocolate By Elena Boaghi | June 27, 2017
More ideas: You can add a little rum or bourbon at the end, or even a few flakes of sea salt, you could add some cinnamon or instant espresso during the cooking process, and this one time I stirred in a couple tablespoons of peanut butter at the end once the chocolate melted and I don’t want to say everyone liked me more that week, that would be weird, but it also might be true.
- 2 tablespoon (30 grams) unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup (155 ml) heavy or whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (170 grams) light corn syrup, golden syrup, or honey
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (20 grams) cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine or table sea salt
- 6 ounces (170 grams) semi- or bittersweet chocolate, chopped, or 1 cup semi- or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
It’s now ready to ladle over ice cream, although it thickens more as it begins to cool, so you could also wait for 15 to 20 minutes before doing so, if it’s not too unbearable. Pour leftovers into a jar or jars and refrigerate. Hot fudge sauce keeps chilled in the fridge at least a month and often two, although it’s rare it lasts that long.